Use of digital feedback loops has led to multiple benefits including:
- Increasing visibility and reducing supervision costs. Rather than a supervisor having to be on site to check quality of tasks completed, learners submit evidence of their work via smartphone or tablet.
- Improved performance, in this case; first time fix rates. The digital feedback loop ensures learners get a quick evaluation of their work whilst subject matter experts are able to pick up on errors and share their experience more widely.
- Coaching conversation are more specific because they refer to evidence of actual work tasks completed.
- Increased engagement because learners are more confident in their role develop strong relationships with their coach.
- L&D use this “evidence” to verify levels of competence and manage certification. This enables teams to move away from time consuming written exams, which rarely correlate with actual work performnace.
Digital feedback loops using the “upload feature” can be used to upload reports, pdfs, videos, voice recordings and MS office documents. If you would like to know more about this feature and see it in action, please get in touch here.